Renishaw’s Encoders Products Division (EPD) currently has a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer. The role will require the successful applicant to design, draft and assemble prototype parts.
This role will be based at our New Mills site near Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire.
• Design parts and tooling.
• Produce 3D cad models and draft drawings.
• Assemble and test prototype parts.
• Write test reports and design specifications.
• Manage the change process to keep track of design revisions.
• To extract, write and agree design requirements
• Ideally an engineering degree or further education qualification such as an HND.
• To produce mechanical designs to the agreed specification.
• Experience using 3D cad systems.
• The ability to produce technical drawings.
• The ability to produce clear and concise written reports.
• To occasionally deal with customers via email, telephone or visit.
We are looking for a self-motivated mechanical engineer to work in a busy development environment. Ideally someone who enjoys taking ownership, who can plan their work and who can interact with a busy team.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, onsite gym, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.