A position has become available for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer to join a talented multi-disciplined team in the Encoder Products Division. The primary focus will be in embedded electronics and FPGA developments, there will also be a need to interact and mentor other engineers, graduates and apprentices within the group.
The use of EDA tools and an in-depth knowledge of embedded Electronics is an essential requirement as is an understanding of the current national & international legislation and directives for compliance. Therefore, a background of successfully designed products and knowledge of current electronic devices and techniques is essential.
There will be opportunities to be involved in research and development projects which will put the successful candidate at the forefront of new product design. Quality is paramount and the company investment reflects this.
• Develop new products, working with project managers and product managers to define agreed product specifications and deliver designs to meet those specifications
• Work with the Technical lead and other Senior functional leaders to optimise the interaction between Electronic, Mechanical and Software components in all designs
• Take ownership of the delivery of Electronic designs that meet targets for product performance, quality, cost and timescale and which are suitable for transfer to production, considering design for assembly and test
• Understand and comply with the company’s new product introduction process, working with cross-functional teams to optimise the release of new designs to Production
• In conjunction with the Technical lead, co-ordinate the work of other Electronic engineering resources, providing technical leadership and estimates for delivery schedules
• Continually improve the Engineering Department procedures, ensuring that the Electronic Design processes are robust and cost-effective
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously and allocate time appropriately, in collaboration with the Project Manager, in order to meet deadlines for delivery
• Keep abreast of current technology and develop innovative processes and design solutions which can be patented by the company
• Degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics, or similar
• Able to demonstrate successful Electronic design leadership in at least three product development projects
• Demonstrable expertise in Electronic design including low power and EMC
• Knowledge and experience of safety and reliability standards including IEC61508
• FPGA and VHDL
• LT SPICE, Ansys, Matlab, Simulink, Aldec ActiveHDL, Intel (Altera) Quartus
• Demonstrable skills and experience with Altium, CR5000 or other ECAD system tools
• Practical understanding of microprocessors, software and signal processing techniques
• Some knowledge of C, Visual Basic, assembly language or other programming skills
The successful applicant will have an enquiring mind and be open to discussing new developments, provide support to other staff and be enthusiastic and knowledgeable in developing new products for this exciting area.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, onsite gym, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.