Renishaw currently has a requirement for a Senior Metrology Support Engineer within its CMM division. Reporting to the divisional Metrology Design Manager, the primary activities of the role will be supporting design teams by testing and analysing the metrology performance of existing and new CMM products, as well as providing detailed support for customer issues through both the analysis of customer test data and customer site visits. The role will focus mainly on error mapping and correction, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to become an expert in this field, understanding both the mechanical and software aspects contributing to CMM system measurement errors.
• To work with the mechanical, software and metrology design teams to test the metrology performance of CMM products, providing detailed analysis of test results
• To assist the CMM customer support team with diagnosing and resolving customer issues, including visiting customer sites to perform tests when necessary
• To contribute and prove out ideas for product improvement
• To carry out formal system testing prior to UCC software releases
• To provide metrology sign-off of UKAS accredited ISO10360 and ISO17025 activities, including approval of equipment calibrations and customer test certificates
• To educate Renishaw engineers (UK and overseas subsidiaries) in all aspects of CMM system error mapping and metrology verification, by both generating written training material and providing oral training sessions
• Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex measurement data sets and clearly present results and conclusions to others
• Knowledge and experience of CMMs, probing and metrology systems
• An understanding of mechanical systems and how they can contribute to the performance of metrology products
• An aptitude for problem solving, including designing new experiments to test hypotheses
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• A full and valid driving licence and passport for travel to other sites, both in the UK and abroad
• Knowledge of advanced data analysis techniques including data fitting algorithms
• Practical experience of error mapping
• Experience in installing CMM control systems
• Basic software programming skills, preferably in C#
The successful applicant will have a methodical approach to testing metrology systems and diagnosing problems, with good organisation and a great attention to detail when recording and analysing results. The individual in this role will be confident in presenting those results and conclusions to others in a very clear and concise way.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
As the successful applicant you will have a methodical approach to testing metrology systems and diagnosing problems. You will possess good organisational skills alongside great attention to detail when recording and analysing results. As the successful applicant in this role you will be confident in presenting those results and conclusions to others in a very clear and concise way.