Renishaw's Encoder Products Division is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Design/Development Engineer to be part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers operating within a product development environment. As a design/ development engineer you will provide engineering support in specific areas, using your intellect, skills and knowledge to develop solutions to technical problems. Renishaw plc is a growing, dynamic company that invests heavily in R&D, manufacturing technology and maintains excellent career progression routes both in the UK and abroad. The Encoder Products Division (EPD) supplies precision measurement technology to aerospace, manufacturing, medical, consumer electronics, semiconductor, metrology and other high tech industries.
• Lead investigations into problems affecting quality, delivery or cost while ensuring root causes are identified
• Lead investigations into field returns, including subsequent reporting to customers via tech support/subsidiaries
• Provide support to the EPD technical support, subsidiary companies and production support teams as required
• Define product design changes arising from audits, process improvements, complaints, change requests or obsolescence
• Degree in physics, electronic or mechanical engineering (minimum 2:1)
• Experience of systems involving electronics, optics and mechanical elements
• Capable of producing high quality design documentation
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
• Experience of precision devices
• Valid UK driving licence
• Enjoy a mixture of hands on and theoretical tasks
• Have a systematic and logical approach to investigations
As the successful applicant you will be analytical and will possess excellent attention to detail. You will be self motivated to meet deadlines without sacrificing the quality of your work as well as having a creative but methodical approach. You will need a flair for problem solving, a determination to understand new concepts, meticulous experimental technique and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems from first principles.
Working for Renishaw at our New Mills site gives you access to a fully equipped gym for just £1 a month, a subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance, BUPA Renishaw Health Trust, a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews.