Renishaw is actively seeking to recruit an experienced applied mathematician or computer scientist or applied physicist to join the expanding/small acoustic systems technology team based in the Edinburgh office. This is a technical R&D role that would suit someone with advanced skills and recent experience in Matlab programming and with a strong mathematical ability (signal processing, modelling and/or analytics.)
The successful applicant will work on acoustic/ultrasonic systems and will be able to develop his/her own professional skills as a specialist acoustic systems design engineer and/or a more dedicated software engineer within the Group Engineering Division. This opportunity is based in Edinburgh with occasional travel to sites in Gloucestershire.
•A degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering
•Knowledge of Signal Processing Techniques
•Strong Programming Skills (knowledge of Matlab and C/C++ essential)
• Design, Implementation and testing of Matlab applications for automated NDT inspection probes
• Performing calibration and metrology testing for acoustic systems which form part of a robotic platform
• Quantitative Data Analysis for System Performance assessment
• Software requirements capture and specification
• A Post-graduate degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a related subject
• Object-Oriented Programming
• Experience with Matlab GUIs and graphical simulation
• Experience of Machine Pattern Recognition / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews.. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.