Renishaw’s Group Manufacturing Services Division (GMSD) is seeking to recruit a Materials Controller to support the assembly production facility. This role will cover aspects of material planning and control for a number of product ranges.
• Provide material control support for the Woodchester Assembly department ensuring departmental production plans are met.
• Ownership and maintenance of material control related data on the company’s manufacturing system, such as safety stocks, batch sizes, stock accuracy and PIC adherence.
• Routine actioning of the planning output from the manufacturing system, in terms of order creation, maintenance, and releasing to the local assembly area in a timely manner.
• Performing order interrogation to ascertain where orders are projecting late and what the root cause is.
• Performing remedial actions to improve supply and/or amend plans and order dates accordingly.
• Assisting in the implementation of design change; ensuring relevant actions are completed, customer requirements are met, and obsolescence costs are minimal.
• Provide local co ordination for the movement of goods around manufacturing sites.
• A good general education preferably to A level (or equivalent) standard, supported by GCSE (or equivalent) passes in Maths, English and Science at grades A C.
• A good level of computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• An analytical approach and meticulous attention to detail.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Although not essential it is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of resource management systems (MRP/ERP, particularly Syteline), and stock control processes.
• Experience with design change control.
The successful applicant will be self motivated and capable of completing tasks on time to the highest standard. The individual will be a team player with excellent problem solving and communication skills, a flexible attitude and an ability to work under pressure.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.