Renishaw's Manufacturing Services Division is curently seeking a Component Engineer to join their team. This role is to provide a service to design teams in the approval of new proprietary parts and raw materials, including ensuring that parts attributes and information are compliant with business and regulatory requirements, and that the data held in the company parts database is accurate and up-to-date.
• Approving new electronic and mechanical proprietary parts and materials
• Allocating part numbers and adding technical data to the Renishaw parts database
• Verifying regulatory requirements have been met
• Dealing with problem parts/supply issues
• Maintaining the database
• Assisting with the education of design staff to ensure that the necessary information is provided to enable the addition of new parts
• Supporting the Component Engineering department and the technical administrator to ensure the maintenance of a high level of service
• Educated to GCSE level including English, Maths and Science grades A to C
• An engineering qualification, such as a City and Guilds, BTEC or ONC in engineering or has served an engineering apprenticeship.
• A good level of PC literacy, with skill in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with the use of databases
• Full UK driving license
• A working knowledge of components and stock database systems
• A knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter would be a distinct advantage
• A knowledge of industrial components and standards (RoHS, COSHH, ISO etc)
The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritise work to meet short timescale targets, and will be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a level head and easy-going personality. Attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to influence others are important requirements for this position.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.