Renishaw’s Encoder Products Division (EPD) is seeking to recruit a Process Development Engineer to work within the Current Products Engineering team. The purpose of the role will be to implement motion control software using LabVIEW into the validation and test facilities. This will include controlling new and old motorised stages using multiple different controllers and interfaces. Additionally, high speed data logging will also be required to work alongside the control architecture.
• Complete and roll out stage driving software using existing architecture
• Maintain existing LabVIEW code, to make improvements, to handle new controller variants, to update older systems
• Write new code to support any necessary current products requirements
• Apply high standard of software engineering practice
• Develop systems and procedures to facilitate the items above
• Work in collaboration with the design and development team
• A Degree in a technical subject e.g. Software, Electronic, Mechanical, Production Engineering, Maths, Physics. 2:2 or above
• Knowledge of baseband analogue and digital electronics
• LabVIEW application experience and the desire and commitment to learn and use it on a day to day basis
• Experience of test equipment automation
• Valid UK driving license
• Extensive LabVIEW experience in a production process environment
• Good understanding of LabVIEW architectures and design patterns
• LabVIEW CLD Certification
• Knowledge of National Instruments Hardware e.g. cRIO, cDAQ, C-Series Modules
• Knowledge of optics and mechanics
• Knowledge of production control systems, Motor drives, robotics, PLCs, ERP systems
• Knowledge of application of SQL database systems
The successful candidate will be comfortable working with the various parts of a manufacturing organisation from R&D to production floor and from cell operators to division management. They will posses good technical system analysis skills as well as a controlled and systematic approach to problem solving and implementation. They will be able to work in a team environment and have the ability to summarise, communicate and present technical information well.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.