Renishaw currently has a vacancy for a Production Engineer in the Manufacturing Services Division (MSD). The role is focused on technical support across our automated milling processes on our Mazak RAMTIC machines. This support includes responding to a wide variety of challenges and encompasses both reactive ‘call out’ work as well as implementing proactive engineering solutions to improve productivity and quality in the longer term. The role also involves implementation of component design changes.
The vacancy is within the Miskin shop support team and is for the double day shift working pattern.
• Rapid response to engineering call outs and implementation of high quality technical solutions.
• Identification, development and implementation of proactive improvement initiatives.
• Planned implementation of engineering changes and component design changes.
• HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
• Expert knowledge of CNC manufacturing
• Expert knowledge of CAD/CAM systems
• A broad knowledge of alternative manufacturing processes
• Previous experience in jig and fixture design
• Knowledge of quality assurance, process control and statistical techniques
• A high level of computer literacy
• Trained to yellow belt or higher in Six Sigma
• Previous experience in macro programming
• Expertise in the application of machine tool probing systems
• Knowledge of manual and DCC CMM inspection
• Broad knowledge of Renishaw's product range
The successful applicant will be a highly organised self-starter with a meticulous approach to work and a high level of attention to detail. They will possess excellent team working and communication skills, and will be able to work unsupervised in a high pressure manufacturing environment. The ability to confidently discuss design options and their influence on part manufacture and cost is also essential.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.