Renishaw is a global company with a worldwide reputation for innovation. Due to its continued rapid business expansion, the Machine Tool Division seeks a high-calibre Product Marketing Engineer with an interest in working on ground-breaking new products. This will involve working closely with design and production engineers within a structured project framework, as well as with key customers and Renishaw subsidiaries overseas. As such the role has the potential to be diverse and exciting; this is also a role which may require travel overseas for customer contact.
• Conduct focused market research
• Write the Product Specifications for new products
• Together with the project team ensure all the requirements of the Product Specification are met, in terms of performance, cost and quality
• Write business plans and set list prices to ensure new products reach defined profitability targets
• Develop marketing and sales strategies for new products
• Write user documentation, data sheets and product brochures
• Train technical and sales staff in the use of new products
• Oversee product launches
A degree in a technical engineering discipline (2.2 or above)
• PC literate in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power-Point to a medium level
• Previous sales, marketing or technical expertise in an engineering related field
The successful applicant will be well organised and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision. They will also have effective decision-making and analytical skills. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.