Renishaw’s Machine Tool Products Division (MTP) requires a Design Draughts Person to join the Engineering Change Office. Working to provide a service for the division, the duties of the role include: carrying out changes to CAD drawings and parts lists on TeamCenter/NX CAD System.
This is to be a developing role whereby it is expected that the successful applicant will eventually act at an advisory level for CAD related issues to ensure best practice throughout the MTP division. It would also be encouraged for the successful applicant to support the Engineering Change process working within the team to find solutions on complex projects.
• Creating and making changes to models/drawings and parts lists using the NX CAD system
• Checking of drawings, parts lists and design change documentation
• Providing support for Design Engineers and Project teams
• Involvement in the Engineering Change process
• Participation in departmental continual improvement projects
• An ONC in a relevant subject, or a part time-served apprenticeship or training level of expertise
• A working knowledge and understanding of NX CAD or a similar equivalent CAD package is desirable, although full training will be provided
• A working knowledge of engineering design and drawing techniques, including part numbering systems and documentation issue control
• Good PC skills, including knowledge of MS Office
• Some knowledge of Machine Tool products
• Knowledge of BS 8888 Drawing standards
The successful applicant will be highly organised, methodical, with excellent attention to detail. The individual in this role will have the ability to work unsupervised under their own initiative, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.