The Machine Tool Products Division designs and develops, markets and supports products sold to the global machine tool OEM and end-user market. A vacancy has arisen for an Embedded Engineer in the Current Products Embedded Group. The team is responsible for maintaining products in the market place from product release through to the products’ obsolescence. The successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for supporting products in production and investigating customer returns.
• Design and verification of product embedded design changes
• Design software to support investigation & verification work
• Perform fault finding and customer complaint investigations
• Provide technical support to product and production teams
• Liaise with service personnel worldwide
• A Degree in a Software discipline
• Experience of formal software development methods
• Experience of configuration management tools
• Experience of modelling tools
• Knowledge of C language
• Knowledge of Assembly language
• Embedded Software/Electronics fault finding experience
• A good level of English and PC literacy, particularly in MS office
• Knowledge of Python language
• PLC and/or Labview programming experience
• A full and valid UK driving license
The successful applicant will be a team player with excellent practical and communication skills. Able to work on multiple tasks, they will have a methodical approach to problem solving, and a keen eye for detail.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.