Renishaw’s Machine Tool Products Division are currently looking to recruit C# software engineers. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small, progressive, development team, toward creating modern applications which run on machine tools. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing all levels of the application. From communicating with the machine tool, developing the data model, to working with the UX/UI team to create the user interface.
• Writing modern WPF/C# desktop applications
• Reviewing other team members code
• Testing code on a variety of devices from machine tools to tablets
• Developing programs in C#
• Using WPF and using the MVVM pattern
• Developing for Microsoft Windows OS
• Values testing in the process of writing code
• Creating modular code and considers the architecture of the code
• Working as part of a team and independently
• Skilled at reviewing code, with respect to finding bugs, better designs, and how it fits in with the project as a whole
• Experience of writing concurrent code
• Developing C++ applications
• Version control (Git, specifically)
• Experience of agile development practices
• Appreciation of manufacturing processes
• Worked with CNC machine tools
• WiX toolset/Windows installers
• Experience of relational databases and SQL
As the successful candidate you will be an independent thinker, passionate about software development and have the ability to learn new technologies quickly. There may also be opportunities to travel to customers worldwide to aid in the setting up of beta sites. The frequency of these visits vary depending on the development cycle of the applications.
This role could be based at at the New Mills or the Miskin site dependant on the right candidate.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.