Renishaw’s Laser & Calibration Products Division (LCPD) has a requirement for a new Senior Systems Engineer. Working within the Systems group, the successful candidate will be part of the “New Product Development team”, contributing to all aspects of the product development cycle, with emphasis on engineering solutions to a timescale that are appropriate for production transfer.
• System design of precision products capable of measuring to sub-micrometre resolution
• Able to identify the project technical requirements, to document and communicate them to the team
• Creation of product test plans, prototype testing and analysis of data to support the design
• Working closely with manufacturing engineers to ensure best practice for manufacture and assembly
• Managing aspects of the project to meet the project milestones
• Handover of new products to the current products team
• An ability to identify risk and take appropriate action to mitigate
• An aptitude for problem solving
• An attention to detail in all these areas
• It is expected that applicants will be either physics or engineering graduates with a working knowledge of basic optical physics, ideally with several years’ experience in an optical engineering position
• Postgraduate qualifications, although not essential, would be considered an advantage
• Able to demonstrate a previous significant role in product development
• An appreciation of optical metrology systems
• Familiarity with laser systems, interferometer, diffraction and a sound knowledge of basic optics are essential
• Familiarity with electronics
As the successful applicant you should be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to design, good problem solving skills and an attention to detail. You will have an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team where output is subject to team scrutiny, communicating effectively, both verbally and on paper will be key. The role will at times require a hands-on approach.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.