Renishaw's Machine Tool Division is currently seeking to recruit an Embedded System Test Technician to provide system test support to the software design team. The primary focus of the role will be to develop and maintain automated test programmes for Renishaw’s next generation of machine tool products. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain knowledge of automated testing techniques along with National Instruments Labview.
• To work as part of the MTP Division’s new products development team
• To develop new embedded system test methods within a continuous integration environment
• To provide electronics technician service to the new products development team, connecting boards under test.
• To develop test sequences from product specifications using N.I. test equipment
• Basic understanding of electronics
• Ability to understand circuit diagrams and locate test points on PCB
• Demonstrable skills working with small form factor electronic components
• N.I. Labview experience
• Experience with programming and scripting languages (C, Python, TCL etc.)
• Good soldering skills
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who enjoys creating well thought out test designs, documenting them, and then implementing them in clearly readable code. The individual in this role must have strong attention to detail and be capable of demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.