Renishaw currently has a requirement for a Metrology Engineer within its CMM division. Reporting to the divisional Metrology Design Manager, the primary activities of the role will be the development of measurement and calibration algorithms for new CMM products, as well as investigating issues and making improvements to existing products. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop understanding of the fundamental tools used for metrology analysis such as multidimensional space geometry and both linear and non-linear least squares minimizations.
• To work as part of the CMM division’s metrology team
• To develop, implement and test measurement and calibration algorithms for a range of CMM products
• To write design documentation of a high standard
• To work closely with the division’s software department to deploy metrology algorithms as part of the UCCSuite software releases
• To investigate metrology issues with existing products and design improvements where possible
• To provide support to the division’s application and customer support engineers in understanding the metrology features of CMM products
• A degree (preferably 2:1 or above) in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar
• Strong mathematical skills, including an ability to analyse and draw conclusions from complex data sets
• An aptitude for problem solving, including designing new experiments to test hypotheses
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience of using mathematical analysis software, such as MATLAB
• Knowledge and experience of object-oriented software development, preferably in C#
• Knowledge of CMMs, probing and metrology systems
• An understanding of mechanical systems and how they can contribute to the performance of metrology products
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who enjoys developing mathematical models and solving problems through the systematic analysis of experimental data. The individual in this role will demonstrate good team working and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.