Renishaw’s Styli & Fixturing Product Division is looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to be part of a team supporting the technical development of fixturing for workpiece holding, automation and transfer systems. As a design engineer, you will be responsible for the support and development of new products, using your skills and knowledge to develop solutions to technical problems and contribute innovative ideas to new product designs.
Renishaw plc is a growing, dynamic company that invests heavily in R&D, manufacturing technology and maintains excellent career progression routes both in the UK and abroad. The Styli & Fixturing Product Division supplies solutions to aerospace, automotive manufacturing, medical, consumer electronics, semiconductor, metrology and other high end industries.
•Work in a dynamic team of engineers to design innovative new products and work with manufacturing teams to enable on time delivery to customers
•Play a key role in the development of the technical offer for the fixturing product line and therefore must possess a fundamental understanding of the needs of metrology customers
•Capture, analyse and document critical technical design requirements, whilst developing prototypes for test
•Work closely with manufacturing engineers to ensure best practice for manufacturing and assembly
• An engineering degree or further education qualification (such as a HND)
• At least 5 years experience within the design function (ideally tooling or fixtures design)
• Providing costed design solutions in response to customer inquiries
• Liaison with Engineering and Production in order to compile lead times for customer quotation
• To produce mechanical designs & automation schemes to Renishaw standards
• Strong experience using 3D CAD systems, preferably NX / Solidworks
• The ability to produce technical drawings
• The ability to produce clear and concise written reports
• To occasionally deal with customers or suppliers via e-mail, telephone or visit
• An appreciation of metrology systems
• An aptitude for problem solving
We are looking for a self-motivated mechanical design engineer with the ability and competence to work across international boundaries to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. Ideally someone who enjoys taking ownership, who can plan their work effectively and interact with people across the Renishaw Group.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.