Renishaw’s Measurement and Automation Products Division (MAPD) are currently seeking to recruit intelligent, enthusiastic Application Engineers to provide overseas support to exciting and revolutionary products.
The positions will be based at our New Mills site near Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire.
• You will create inspection routines for customer part measurement requirements and validate using gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
• You will use a basic understanding of manufacturing concepts to implement machine tool feedback solutions using external measurement to update process parameters.
• You will be expected to go on multiple secondments to subsidiaries to support the local engineers and sales teams in providing solutions for customer applications. The successful applicant will also support the subsidiaries in adopting and developing best practices within their local teams.
• Provide support for customer related queries.
• Specifically, the role requires that customer issues are seen through to conclusion, including communication with support teams around the group and with the customer.
• Develop automated and custom solutions for customers when required.
• Involve in hardware and software development testing from applications perspective.
• Experience in manufacturing.
• Exposure to various machine tool interfaces.
• Exposure to measurement science.
• A flexible attitude to work in-house or take up overseas assignments for short or long periods.
• A full valid UK passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK.
• A full UK driving licence.
• Good knowledge of CAD/CAM systems.
• An understanding of in-process inspection.
• Knowledge and understanding of measurement systems analysis.
• Knowledge of real world CMM applications to measurement.
• A working knowledge of DMIS.
• A degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant engineering discipline.
The successful applicant will be willing to relocate overseas for short or long periods of time. They will have the ability to work on a number of different tasks with both customers and internal contacts, seeing each through to its conclusion. The individual in this role will be highly self-motivated and confident they’ll be able to adapt to working abroad. It is expected that they have the ability to adopt to local business practices, the ability to mentor and train others, work under pressure to tight deadlines, and possess an aptitude for problem solving. Ideally someone from a machine tool background who wants to explore applications engineering is the best candidate for the role.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.