Renishaw’s Engineering Technology Centre (ETC) is responsible for the early stage research and development of innovative new products, systems and solutions that fall within the realms of industrial metrology. We are a small multidisciplinary team so rely on high calibre individuals who can take on a broad range of activities within a project. We are looking for a new team member to assist with current activities and play a significant role in future projects.
• Contribute to the development of both early stage prototypes and near-production products through designing, building, testing, bug-fixing and problem solving.
• Contribute to team brainstorming and ideas sessions, suggesting and evaluating new approaches and helping to implement solutions for new products.
• Liaise with other groups in Renishaw to share knowledge and support research activities.
• Conceive and document ideas for incorporation into patents.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development, Physical Sciences or a Mathematics related discipline from a top tier university.
• Good understanding of the function of mechanical, electronic and software systems.
• Software development experience.
• The ability to create clear and concise technical documentation.
• Software development experience in C, C++, C# or Matlab.
• Experience in developing real-time embedded software.
• Knowledge of control theory and control algorithm design techniques
• Mathematical understanding of 3D geometry, vector transformations and point data set manipulation.
• Understanding of optics and optical system design.
• Experience of test methods and electrical test equipment. E.g soldering and oscilloscopes.
As the successful candidate you will be technically strong and keen to take on a broad range of roles within a project. As well as being a fast learner you will have a willingness to put forward and independently research completely new systems, ideas and solutions.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.