Renishaw's Group Engineering Division are currently seeking a Software Engineer. The role is an exciting opportunity for a talented coder to join our enthusiastic team to design and code robust, scalable and innovative data-driven applications using modern paradigms and techniques. The role provides a wide-range of challenging aspects covering the full stack of software development.
• Write testable code
• Critique code and designs
• Contribute strongly to team design discussions
• Educated to at least degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Strong object-oriented software background, preferably in C#
• Demonstrable, strong, data architecture skills including databases
• Experience of working within a structured software development process, preferably Agile
• Experience of designing and writing data-driven APIs for use outside of the team originating the API
• Non-relational and relational database systems
• Working with industrial metrology systems
• Numerical analysis skills
• TDD Skillset and background
• Pair programming
As the successful applicant you will have a passion for programming and data architecture alongside the facility to learn quickly. You will be able to provide scalable, enterprise level products requires the ability to think clearly at a high level and follow up with a tenacious close attention to detail. You will have good initiative and be a team player, being able to articulate your views whilst participating in design discussions.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.