Renishaw’s Modus inspection software is an important component of the Renishaw CMM Retrofit product and the Equator Gauging System from Renishaw’s MAPD division. The Modus Development Group has a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer to assist in the development of Modus and associated application software.
The successful candidate will be helping to develop new, and maintain existing Modus functionality. The functionality involves 3D geometry and graphics, metrology, SQL databases, mathematics, UI and UX as well as practical interaction with Renishaw measuring equipment. Modus also incorporates major software components from Renishaw Group Software and world leading suppliers, and the job will involve interaction with developers from other groups within Renishaw, in the UK and India.
To assist in the future development and maintenance of Modus software
• To help drive the design of Modus, and to implement software using the latest development technologies including C++, C# .NET and WPF
• Develop high quality and high performing software for use with Renishaw metrology products
• Support and guide other individuals in good practice process, design and coding techniques
• To communicate effectively with colleagues in both CMM and MAPD Divisions
• A degree in an Engineering, Mathematics, Computing or Scientific discipline (2:1 or above)
• Proven knowledge of how to design and implement high quality software applications
• Proven experience in building and deploying applications in C++ and C#.NET
• Proven use and knowledge of the latest tools and technologies in the software industry
• A willingness to travel to other UK sites as required
Previous knowledge of coding with WPF
• A comprehensive understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
• Knowledge of iterative and incremental software delivery.
• Highly advantageous if the applicant can clearly demonstrate good working knowledge of 3D geometry
• Experience gained in metrology or another engineering discipline
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail, supported by good hands on skills. They will be a strong team player, but also able to work autonomously where appropriate. The candidate will show excellent leadership and communication skills both written and verbally and will be a good all round problem solver.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.