Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing Division (AMPD) is looking to recruit a mechanical design engineer to be based at its Stone, Staffordshire office. The role will involve working with Renishaw’s established 3D printer product line as well as next generation machines.
Renishaw’s involvement in this exciting field will have a significant impact upon the acceptance of Additive Manufacturing and as such the role presents an excellent opportunity to be part of this manufacturing revolution.
• Working as part of a project team on machine designs
• Design and testing of new components and sub-assemblies
• Produce designs that conform to a specification and relevant standards
• Interpretation of data and writing test reports
• Reviewing reports
• Liaising with manufacturing and assembly teams to insure the highest quality
• Mechanical Engineer Degree (Minimum 2.2 Grade) or equivalent
• Proven experience at designing mechanical components
• Ability to produce component designs, assemblies and technical drawings
• Understanding of current manufacturing techniques and design for manufacture
• Ability to produce clean and concise written reports
• Appreciation of quality disciplines
• Experience using CAD systems
• Competent at using basic Microsoft software packages. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with Siemens NX and TeamCenter
• Knowledge of AM process
• Working knowledge of current regulatory compliance requirements
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work alone and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. They will take a logical and innovative approach to solving problems. Additionally, they will be a self-starter in uncertain situations, well organised and can work on several projects concurrently.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.