As a world leading metrology specialist, Renishaw provide cutting edge software across a number of PC and embedded platforms with growing requirements for inter and remote connectivity. We are currently seeking a cyber-security engineer to work with our software development teams across all business sectors to establish where our products may be vulnerable to cyber-attacks and work with the development teams to devise mitigation plans and cyber-security policies for users of our products.
The successful candidate will work with in a fast-moving agile development teams working on a range of applications across our diverse product range.
• Define, review and maintain cyber-security policies
• Conduct periodic penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and audits of existing products as well as new up and coming products
• Produce reports on vulnerabilities using risk based analysis
• Keep abreast of current threats and anticipate security alerts and disasters so that their impact on products can be reduced
• Root cause analyse of security breaches and collaborate with development teams on the implementation of counter measures
• Promote corporate awareness of security threats on products
• Create new ways to solve existing product security issues
• Collaborate with project teams on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
• Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
• Understanding of regulatory, legislative and industry practices regarding cyber-security
• Respond to information on security issues during each stage of a project’s lifecycle
• Educated to at least degree level in Cyber Security, Computer Science or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Experience developing, collecting and analysing threat intelligence
• Experience in cyber intelligence analytic methodologies such as Kill Chain, Diamond Model, threat modelling
• Subject matter expert (SME) in the areas such as Windows, Iinux, firewalls, intrusion detection, threat detection analysis, or computer incident handling and forensic, DDoS
• Knowledge of security penetration testing and tools and methodologies
• Experience in Information Security areas like malware, threats profiling, APT, and vulnerability management
• Experience in assisting and handling Computer Security Incident Response
• A full, valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK
• Knowledge of SSDLC and OWASP application security testing
• Broad understanding of IT concepts and architectures including Cloud, BYOD, Mobile Device Management, Agile Working
• Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.)
• A strong passion for the Cyber Security industry
The successful applicant will be an organised and dynamic results driven individual, keen to make a significant contribution to protecting our products from cyber-attacks. They will be technically strong and have both the vision and attention to detail needed to succeed. Strong communication and team skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.