Renishaw are currently seeking to recruit a Design Draughtsperson to join the Spectroscopy Products Division. This is a specialist role to work on the customisation of Raman Spectrometer systems as part of our Specials Team. This will involve the design, development and adaption of manual/motorised mechanisms for sample positioning optics and lasers for short lead time projects to meet customer orders.
Working closely with the Design Engineers to develop an understanding of the overall customer requirements and assisting the production of the design requirement for a cost-effective solution where the need ‘to work first time’ is paramount
• Creating effective mechanical design solutions in NX and Teamcenter
• Supporting the build and commissioning of the designs
• Supporting the procurement of components
• A-Levels (or above) in a relevant subject; time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
• Working expertise of mechanisms and kinematics
• Working knowledge and understanding of 3D CAD
• Working knowledge of engineering design and drawing techniques, including part numbering systems and documentation issue control
• Good PC literacy skills including MS office
• Familiarity of BS8888 and knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Use of Siemans NX and Teamcenter
• Use of Syteline
• Modelling for optics/electronics in systems
The successful applicant will be able to contribute ideas and solutions when working closely with Design Engineers and can work independently to ensure the success of the chosen solution. Organised and with attention to detail, they must be able to work as part of the team and possess good communication skills. They will also have an interest in systems and problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.