Renishaw requires an enthusiastic Application Engineer to work in its Additive Manufacturing Products Division. This position will suit a highly motivated individual with industrial experience in design, manufacturing, or production engineering, who can contribute to the growth of Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing product line.
This role spans two main areas, one working as part of a dynamic team to gain a deep understanding of the process when applied to engineered components, through testing and evaluating the process limitations and capabilities Renishaw AM equipment.
The second area is that of customer applications engineering support and Renishaw subsidiary support on technical customer engagement to ensure that users can get the best possible performance from Renishaw AM systems.
Both aspects of the role support the technical marketing function in the production of case studies, whitepapers and process guides to further drive success in Additive manufacturing applications.
• Provide advice and support on design for the laser melting process
• Carry out applications development project work
• Develop and document Applications expertise
• Collaborate with the system and software engineers to improve product performance
• Attend trade shows in the UK and overseas
• Periodic support visits to Renishaw Subsidiaries and customers
• Ideally 5 years experience in a manufacturing or industrially focused academic environment
• A high level of computer literacy, including expertise in standard Microsoft Office software
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including presentations skills
• A full UK driving licence
• A full, valid passport
• Degree-level qualification in a technical discipline.
• Experience in laser processing technologies
• Project management skills.
• Confidence with CAD and CAM system usage.
As the successful applicant you will be an assured and outgoing personality who conveys and instills confidence when interacting with individuals across a range of levels within and external to, Renishaw. You will have the ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and work under pressure. You will be accurate and posses good attention to detail as well as being self-motivated and able to keep focus on strategic requirements. You will be a strong team player with superior communication skills as well as being resourceful with a willing to learn new skills. You will be a good problem solver and have the ability to offer creative new ideas when facing issues, challenges and opportunities.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.