Working within the Quality Assurance team based at Miskin this Technician role will perform inspection of various electro-mechanical parts and assemblies, take part in audits and investigations into the quality of product or processes.
• Perform in-process and patrol audits in accordance with Work Instructions or other written and physical standards
• Perform pre-shipment audits of parts and assemblies to ensure they meet customer expectations
• Perform dimensional and visual inspection of components as required. This will include interpretation of Engineering drawings and specifications and the use of a variety of inspection and measuring equipment
• Take part in the investigation and corrective action of quality issues, liaising with Quality Product Group Leader to explain findings
• Take part in quality audits of assembly cells to pre-defined checklist
• Return non-conforming parts to Vendor
• Use of a PC to complete Syteline QC transactions and produce written reports
• Re-act to Quality issues and liaise with all departments/sites affected
• ONC or equivalent in Engineering Discipline
• Interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications
• PC Literate
• Previous quality experience
• Knowledge of electronics assembly/machine shop processes and acceptance standards.
• Use of various inspection and measuring equipment.
The successful applicant must be able to work accurately within a team environment and on their own initiative. They will be methodical and organised with the ability to manage their own time and meet deadlines as and when required.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.