Due to continued business growth, an exciting role has arisen within our Product Marketing team based in our Gloucestershire HQ, for a Product Marketing Engineer (PME) covering one of our fastest growing product lines from Renishaw’s extensive optical encoder product portfolio. The PME will be responsible for defining market position, pricing, and promotion of the product line along with managing its market adoption and product life cycle. As such, the PME “owns” the product and is ultimately responsible for its overall success as well as being the ‘voice’ of the customer and feeding in to the product development roadmap for future or new variants. This is a global role and involves some travel as well as indirect management and cooperation with others within the division and group to ensure the product’s success.
To implement a Product Marketing function in the Encoders Division Marketing team:
• Establish a market led product offering for the product line
• Determine and analyse the market for the product line & develop the product value proposition
• Establish competitive and profitable commercial models
• Orchestrate effective marketing promotions to drive revenue
• Lead and manage the product
• Feedback market requirements into the product development function
• Understand customer requirements and needs to develop future variants
• A degree in engineering or science based subject, or 5 years working in a technical role
• An understanding of the product development process covering the following subjects:
o Determining customer requirements and translating them, through the development process, into complete products.
o Product life cycle management, analysis and the adoption life cycle
o Relationship management
o Pricing strategy
o Sales training/support
o An understanding of distribution requirements.
• Willingness to travel globally
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Works well with customers, engineering and management
• A background in any of the following areas would be desirable:
o Motion systems, linear motors and precision stages
o Electronics SMT
o Semiconductor processing and handling
o Machine tool manufacturing
o Flat Panel Display manufacturing machines
o System integration
• Ability to speak other languages
• Strong technical background and commercial awareness.
As the successful candidate you will have good communication skills and have a logical problem solving approach. You will have an inquisitive nature and be confidence in expressing your point of view.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.