Additive Manufacturing (AM) or metal 3D printing is a cutting edge technology transforming the way products are designed and made, leading to more efficient cars, planes and other consumer products.
Renishaw has a vacancy for an Applications Engineer to work in UK/ROW Sales, based in Gloucestershire. The position will suit a self-motivated, hands on person, with experience in customer relationship management and project execution with an interest in solving problems. Be a technical point of contact for customers, advising and supporting on specific applications
AM experience is not a pre-requisite – we are looking for a candidate who can bring broader technical and project management experience with a desire to become an expert in a new and upcoming field. We will provide training and support to ensure that lack of detailed AM knowledge is not a barrier to the right person.
The successful candidate will work to assist customers in delivering a full manufacturing process, moving AM from prototype to production. Experience of manufacturing process development, design, production engineering or a material science would be beneficial.
• Be a technical point of contact for customers
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers in the UK and overseas
• Carry out initial basic trouble shooting of customer’s machine faults
• Supporting trade shows, both in the UK and overseas
• Experience in an industrial, design or manufacturing environment
• A level of computer literacy, in 3D CAD
• A high level of computer literacy, including expertise in standard Microsoft Office software
• A full, valid passport
• A full UK/EU driving license
• Systematic approach to problem solving
• Experience of wider manufacturing – machining, metrology
• Ability to handle projects
• Experience of the AM industry
The successful candidate will be an assured and outgoing person. They will have the ability to meet deadlines, work on projects, and be self-motivated. They will be a team player, with good communication skills as well as being resourceful, willing to learn new skills, and able to offer creative new ideas when facing issues, challenges and opportunities.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.