Renishaw’s Machine Products Division is currently seeking to recruit a Mechanical Design Development Engineer to join the Current Products team, supporting the Design Group Leader. The role will require close liaison with customers, subsidiaries and production functions to support future growth while ensuring the design and quality requirements of the current product portfolio are maintained to high standards. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to progress their career in a highly focused and varied team environment.
• To support the manufacture and assembly of current products, ensuring processes are maintained to the required design and quality standards
• Customer and Subsidiary liaison, ensuring technical and quality concerns are managed, investigated and reported in an efficient manner
• To support the development of new opportunities, upgrades, obsolescence and cost reduction projects
• Work in a dynamic team of specialist engineers to design innovative products and the processes and equipment necessary to manufacture
• Collaboration with the embedded software and electronics design teams
• Capture, analyse and document critical technical requirements for product development
• HND/Degree qualified OR proven industrial design experience. 2 years minimum experience working within a mechanical design environment
• 3D CAD/CAM (Siemens NX desirable)
• Experience of using FEA (ANSYS desirable)
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
• Experience of using best drawing practices and principles
• Knowledge of Machine Tool Products and their applications
• Experience and knowledge of the product development lifecycle
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who has a logical and systematic approach to mechanical design with a clear understanding of the quality requirements of tasks undertaken. The individual in this role must have a strong attention to detail and must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. An appreciation of the commercial implications in decision making, a strong ability to multi-task on several projects at any given time are key attributes to the role. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills;
• Ability to work well in a team, as well as individually.
• Ability to analyse information and gather data allowing effective decision making.
• Working experience of problem solving tools & techniques.
• The successful applicant will be required to liaise with Customers and Subsidiaries around the world, as well as Renishaw’s manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland and India, so good communication and problem solving skills are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.