Renishaw is a world leader in laser measurement, industrial metrology and biomedical systems. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work in the design, development and delivery of innovative new software applications using C++ and C#.
This role will suit applicants with strong applied expertise in these areas, although applicants with expertise in 3D graphics, maths and geometry will also be favoured. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team where your efforts will be influential and visible.
This role is based at the Charfield site in Gloucestershire.
• Design and development of software for new product development
• Working with customers to capture and interpret high level requirements
• Integration with existing Renishaw software components and codebases
• Refactoring existing code where required
• Assistance in the support and maintenance of existing code
• Supporting the team in good practice process, and development techniques
• Writing user documentation to a high standard
• Occasional travel to India to work with team members
• Educated to at least degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar relevant scientific discipline (minimum 2:2 grade); OR the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise to an equivalent level
• Experience of C / C++ under a Microsoft Windows environment
• Experience of C# / Microsoft .NET framework
• Experience of working within a formal software development process, preferably Agile
• A strong mathematical background (3D geometry and matrix operations a minimum)
• An interest in both software development and 3D rendering technologies
• A full, valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK
• Exposure to coding for multiple Operating Systems (iOS, Windows 8, Android and Windows Phone)
• Familiarity with design methodologies such as Agile
• Experience of Configuration Management systems for managing software changes such as TFS
• Experience with working alongside distributed/overseas team members
• Developing applications with CAD and/or graphics functionality (OpenGL, DirectX, GDI, GDI+)
• Working with large amounts of data, out of core processing
Opportunities for career development and training:
• Product domain training will be given as projects require it
• Opportunity to progress through the grade structure based on performance and increasing skills and knowledge
• Mentoring and team development/supervision responsibilities will be considered depending on the successful applicant’s background
• Opportunities for further training and courses exist
Working at our headquarters in New Mills gives you access to a fully equipped gym for just £1 a month, a subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance, BUPA Renishaw Health Trust, a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews.