Renishaw's Manufacturing Services Division is seeking to recruit a Process Development Technician to work within the Assembly Development Group. The role will focus on supporting development and introduction of innovative, capable and effective assembly processes and products within the NPI area.
• Supporting the introduction of processes for the manufacture, assembly and testing of new products
• Perform validation and prototype work to implement and verify designs during the process development phase
• Assisting with the build, wiring, piping, testing and implementation of bespoke assembly equipment
• Support of process equipment to ensure they are maintained, calibrated and downtimes are minimised
• Fault finding and repair of equipment with proposals and implementation of corrective actions
• Basic design tasks associated with the introduction of new processes
• Assisting with the documentation of processes in readiness for handover to manufacturing sites
• All applicants are required to have a qualification in a relevant technical discipline (such as Mechanical or Electronic Engineering) – this could be a time-served apprenticeship, HNC or equivalent
• Exposure to technician level support of production processes
• An understanding of structured problem solving (e,g, Six Sigma Yellow Belt)
• An understanding of control systems and their implementation
• Experience of assembly automation
• Training and experience in the use of manual lathes and milling machines
There is opportunity to progress through the grade structure based on performance and increasing skills and knowledge.
The successful applicant for this role will have good practical and problem-solving skills, complemented with an enthusiastic and committed approach. An ability to operate as an effective team player in a multi-disciplined team is essential. The applicant will possess good interpersonal and organisation skills and will be capable of managing their own time and tasks to meet production and project needs and expectations.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to life than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.