A vacancy have arisen in the Machine Shop for the position of CNC Setter / Operator working on a three shift working pattern The purpose of the role will include setting and operating a variety of CNC Machine Tools to support production demands.
The role will be based at our Miskin site, South Wales and will be on a 3 shift weekly rotation.
• Setting / Operating CNC machines (Milling or Turning) within the standard set and run times.
• Monitor and be responsible for the quality of components using a wide range of equipment including CMM inspection. This will include manually recording quality specific information.
• Interpret drawings and contribute to the programming of component parts where applicable.
•Applicants must have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, milling, turning & grinding
•Experience or knowledge of CNC / Manual Grinding would be advantageous to support production of in house manufactured tools & cutters
•The ability to follow written and pictorial instructions accurately is essential
•Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
• Although not essential, expertise in the generation of CNC programmes, including the use of GIBBS CAM programming software would be advantageous.
• Basic pc skills required, although full training will be given to successful applicant.
As the successful candidate you will be required to set and operate multiple machines simultaneously; therefore, the ability to perform under pressure is essential. The role will ideally suit somebody who values the importance of attention to detail, and demonstrates a logical and organised approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will be comfortable working unaided whilst forming part of a team. Good communication skills are essential for the role, whilst a positive “can do” attitude would also be of benefit.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, onsite gym, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.