For more than 40 years, Renishaw has delivered innovations that have been milestones in industrial metrology. From the original touch-trigger probe and motorised indexing head, repeatable stylus changing and modular scanning systems, Renishaw sensors for co-ordinate measuring machines (CMMs) are an industry standard.
Our Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Division is currently seeking to recruit an Applications Engineer. This position offers the opportunity to work with the latest developments from Renishaw in CMM sensor technologies and metrology software, applied within the most diverse, demanding and technologically advanced manufacturing processes. Customers include aerospace, performance motorsport, automotive and medical companies.
• To devise and deliver turn-key programs/systems on a stand-alone basis or as part of a wider process project for end user customers and OEMs
• To provide customers with training in the use of Renishaw CMM product range
• To provide technical support to existing customers via multiple media options
• To prepare and deliver customer product demonstrations
• Interaction with Renishaw development engineers regarding the use of new equipment and software and/or its integration with third-party equipment
• An engineering qualification to a minimum of HNC level (or equivalent) or substantial practical experience in a relevant discipline
• A comprehensive understanding of manufacturing principles and mechanical drawings including dimensional tolerancing
• Experience in programming logic controlled systems, such as CNC/DCC controlled CMMs, machine tools, PLC devices etc.
• A valid passport
• A valid driving license
• Knowledge of metrology principles, particularly when applied to the use of a CMM
• Practical expertise in the use of CMM metrology software
As the successful applicant you will be committed and customer focused, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. You will be adaptable, logical thinking, well organised, have good communication skills and an aptitude to problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview, which will comprise of technical and behavioural questions. This may include an informal problem-solving task(s). It is our obligation to safeguard applicants and our employees during the recruitment process. This applies to the conduct of the interview itself. All applicants will be asked at screening stage whether reasonable adjustments at interview stage are required to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate an effective interview or assessment process.