Renishaw’s Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Division is currently seeking to recruit an Applications Engineer. This position offers the opportunity to work with the latest developments from Renishaw in CMM sensor technologies and metrology software, applied within the most diverse, demanding and technologically advanced manufacturing processes. Renishaw’s customers include aerospace, performance motorsport, automotive and medical companies.
• To devise and deliver turn-key programs/systems on a stand-alone basis or as part of a wider process project
• To provide customers with training in the use of Renishaw CMM product range
• To provide technical support to existing customers via multiple media options
• To prepare and deliver customer product demonstrations
• Interaction with Renishaw development engineers regarding the use of new equipment and software and/or its integration with third-party equipment
• An engineering qualification to a minimum of HNC level (or equivalent) or substantial practical experience in a relevant discipline
• A comprehensive understanding of manufacturing principles and mechanical drawings including dimensional tolerancing
• Knowledge of metrology principles, particularly when applied to the use of a CMM
• Practical expertise in the programming of CMM metrology software to a comprehensive level
• A valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK
• A valid driving license
As the successful applicant you will be committed and customer focused, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. You will be adaptable, logical thinking, well organised, have good communication skills and an aptitude to problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.