A vacancy has arisen within the Manufacturing Services Division for a CNC machinist, working on a double day-shift basis. The purpose of the role is to provide programming and setting resource to support production demand of specials and low volume production parts.
This role is based at our Stonehouse site.
• Setting / Operating CNC machines (Milling or Turning) to the standard set and run times.
• Interpret drawings and use initiative in deciding tooling selection and the method of manufacture.
• Monitor the quality of components using a wide range of equipment including CMM inspection and complete departmental quality documentation.
• Generate new component part programmes with the aid of Gibbs CAM programming software.
• Applicants must have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, milling and turning.
• Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with design engineers in all areas of the business.
• A comprehensive knowledge of CNC machining with some programming knowledge is desirable
• Good pc skills are essential.
This role would ideally suit somebody who values the importance of attention to detail. The successful candidate will have the ability to work unaided whilst forming part of a team. A positive “can do” attitude and good communication skills are essential for the role. The ability to influence production methods and make decisions is fundamental to the job role.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.