Renishaw’s Machine Tool Product Division (MPD) requires a Design & Development Engineer to join its multidisciplinary Test Rig Development Team. The MPD Process Engineering Team is a growing department responsible for meeting the divisional new product process engineering needs, along with an increased focus on meeting UK & subsidiary product testing requirements. Currently comprising of multi-skilled engineers and technicians, the team is about to enter a period of changing responsibility and increasing workload with the addition of heightened technicality. This role presents an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a vibrant and busy team where the expectation is placed firmly on delivery and innovation.
Being involved with Renishaw’s new process/production concepts will give a unique experience. You will work closely in a hands-on capacity with other technicians/engineers to create and develop new product assembly processes and test systems as well as test solutions for other areas of the business.
• Development of new assembly test systems, managing projects from requirement to completion
• Design of subsidiary test solutions and service tooling packages, directly liaising with subsidiaries to define requirements
• Produce innovative software control packages for new test rigs via LabVIEW and NI hardware
• Rapid manufacturing of new test rig prototypes and designs, including manual and CNC machining
• Electro mechanical assembly and development of new fixtures and modification of existing rigs
• Running experiments and prove-out on new rigs and boxes, including Minitab analysis where appropriate
• Maintenance and improvement of existing systems
• A degree in an engineering based subject of 2:2 or above. Other relevant qualifications may be considered should they be accompanied by the appropriate experience
• A working knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW coding platform
• A strong aptitude for fault finding, debug and problem solving with a key focus on timescales
• The ability to communicate clearly and directly with a variety of different people worldwide and manage projects effectively from conception to completion
• Documentation and Microsoft Office experience
• Familiarity with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) CAD package (+ Teamcenter)
• Previous experience in other coding types used for process control, such as PLC
• Formal Minitab training
• Understanding of electronic based test equipment
The successful applicant will be a keen and enthusiastic individual, who is organised and has an excellent eye for detail. Taking a thorough approach, the individual in this role will take pride in and be uncompromising about the quality of their work whilst being quick and consistent in terms of output. The ability to be flexible, welcome new challenges and responsibilities and, when required, perform under pressure, will always be part of this role.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.