Renishaw is currently seeking to recruit a Software Engineer to work on measurement and automation systems. Working as part of a small team concentrating on the control software the role will involve designing, developing and testing new functionality for both current and future systems.
As part of the role it is expected that you will need to interface with engineers of other disciplines to ensure the successful integration of the new functionality developed.
• Work closely with the controller software stream leader and wider software management team to ensure quality in all work
• Define design changes to existing software and specify design of new software to meet task requirements
• Work to develop the solution to ensure the task requirements are met
• Write test specifications to validate that the solution developed both works and meets the requirements
• Educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline
• Knowledge of and experience in the C/C++ family of programming languages
• A good understanding of object-orientated design principles
• A solid mathematical background with the ability to apply the mathematical knowledge in a software environment
• Exposure to source control applications and an appreciation of the benefits they have in an industrial environment
• An understanding of basic control theory
• An understanding of the principles involved in both multi-threading and inter-process communication
• Knowledge of and experience in .NET/C#
• An understanding of the challenges involved in developing code across multiple platforms
The successful applicant will be a clear and logical thinker with good problem solving skills and attention to detail who is as equally happy working through a problem on their own as they are working as part of a larger team. They will be able to demonstrate good communication (written and verbal) skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.