Renishaw’s Medical and Dental Products Division (MDPD) is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) Application Engineer to be based at our Charfield, Gloucestershire site. The role will involve working with Renishaw’s established AM product line, within a wide range of medical and dental applications worldwide.
The focus of the role is to provide engineering technical support during both pre- and post-sales processes to continuously grow business opportunities and meet sales targets. The position will focus on a variety of worldwide markets and so will require occasional international travel to support hardware & software installations and provide customer training. Working in a small division, you will play a varied and critical role, which will require the aptitude to take on responsibility and ownership. The successful candidate will work both directly with current & prospective customers as well as with worldwide sales teams. You will be expected to work independently but also comfortable in a team environment.
• Work closely with our worldwide sales teams to support both pre- and post-sales processes, providing the necessary technical support to convert solutions to orders
• Communicate with current & prospective customers on a highly professional level to understand their bespoke application and identify solutions
• Produce high-quality benchmarks, technical information and quotations for prospective customers, to effectively communicate the capabilities of Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing hardware, software and materials
• Support current & prospective customer on- and off-site visits; demonstrating, operating and installing hardware & software and providing customer training
• Work pro-activity to resolve internal and external issues
• Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with customers by telephone and on email, as well as occasionally travelling to customer sites
• The ability to quickly form strong working relationships with current & prospective customers
• The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and plan own workload
• The flexibility and willingness to travel to key customer sites and regional offices worldwide
• Highly confident, with excellent presentation and communication skills
• Decision making and problem-solving skills, with the aptitude to take on responsibility and ownership
• Highly self-motivated and showing initiative
• High level of attention to detail
• Hold a full valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK
• Hold a full valid driving licence
• A degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant engineering or medical discipline
• A working knowledge of Additive Manufacturing, ideally through working within the Additive Manufacturing industry
• Experience and understanding of the engineering, medical and/or dental industry
• Experience of working in a highly-regulated environment, ideally within a medical device sector, with an awareness of quality management systems and ISO13485
• Commercial understanding
As the successful applicant you will be committed and customer focused, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. You will be adaptable, logical thinking, well organised, have good communication skills and an aptitude to problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.