Renishaw is currently seeking a project engineer with strong project co ordination and management skills to work in the Group Software department (GS). The role will be working within an existing software group in the design, development and delivery of new embedded, desktop and mobile software products.
• Resource management.
• Managing projects through a formal software development process.
• Working with customers to capture and interpret high level requirements.
• Assistance in the support and maintenance of existing code.
• Supporting the team in good practice process, and development techniques.
• Writing user documentation to a high standard.
• Educated to at least degree level (2:2 or above) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a similar relevant scientific discipline. Or the ability to demonstrate comparable applied knowledge and expertise.
• Applied project management skills in a software development environment.
• A full, valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK.
• A full UK driving license.
• Familiarity with software processes that make use of agile.
• Experience of configuration management systems for managing software changes such as TFS.
• Experience with working with remote team members.
The successful applicant will be an organised and dynamic results driven individual, keen to make a significant contribution within tightly knit teams. They will be technically strong and have both the vision and attention to detail needed to succeed. Strong communication and team skills are essential. Finally, the willingness to travel to other sites to work with remote team members is required.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.