A Design Development Technician vacancy has arisen in the CMM Current Products department. The role involves testing new and existing products in a development environment, helping to improve existing designs and prove out new products.
• To test changes to current products and new designs to ensure they meet specification and regulation requirements
• To test and diagnose customer returns to improve design and production processes
• To develop new equipment for proving out design changes
• An HND or equivalent qualification in engineering, physics, computer science or similar
• Practical engineering skills
• An ability to provide clear and concise documentation
• Good communication skills
• Workshop competent e.g. lathe, milling machine
• Electrical and electronics skills including design and build
• Mechanical or electrical CAD skills
• LabVIEW expertise
• Experience of embedded software
The successful candidate will be a practical, skilled technician capable of fault finding electronic products as well designing and building test rigs that would contain mechanical and electronic features. They will bring a close attention to detail to their work, and will be keen to learn any new skills which may be required. Clear thinking, good communication and team working are essential.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.