Renishaw currently has a vacancy within the Manufacturing Services Division (MSD) for an Electronics Test Technician to test, inspect and fault find electronics printed circuit board assemblies in the Electronics Test Department at the Miskin site, South Wales.
• To test and inspect digital and analogue electronic assemblies using Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and Bench Test Equipment
• Fault finding and diagnosis of problems
• Feedback any problems or concerns to the production engineering teams with a view to continuous process improvement
• To work sensibly, conscientiously and safely at all times, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations and reporting all Health and Safety concerns immediately
• Ensure good housekeeping and cleanliness disciplines, which are essential to ensure the optimum operation of electronic test equipment
• Educated to ONC level in Electronics as a minimum, although the preferred qualification is an HNC
• The ability to use bench test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes and digital mulitimeters
• The ability to follow test procedures and understand assembly drawings and circuit diagrams
• The ability to follow written work instructions and test specifications
• A good understanding of ESD principles, ensuring they are adhered to at all times
• Demonstrate good fault finding skills good attention to detail required
• A good level of computer literacy is required, as most test packages are PC based
• The successful applicant must be prepared to work an alternating double day shift pattern during the training period
• A time served apprenticeship in engineering
• Previous experience in the use of Automatic Test Equipment, plus awareness of developments in PCB and component technology
• Some working experience in testing digital and analogue electronic assemblies in a production environment
The successful applicant will have a good “can do” attitude and work ethic, with good verbal and written communication skills to feedback information to the engineering teams. They will be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team. Good hand/eye co ordination and dexterity with the ability to handle small component parts is essential. Finally, the applicant must have proven good time keeping and attendance records.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.