Renishaw’s CMM Products Division (CPD) is currently seeking to recruit a metrology experienced service/support engineer. The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with the latest in CMM hardware technology and metrology software, applied within the most diverse, demanding and technologically advanced manufacturing processes. Customers include aerospace, performance motorsport, automotive and medical companies. The role will give the individual the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers supporting a diverse range of customer support activities and will be expected to contribute to the growth and development of Renishaw’s service organization’s infrastructure and systems.
• To provide technical support to existing customers via multiple media options
• Support subsidiary service teams and act as a conduit between the service and design teams
• Engage with improvement opportunities and promote a continuous improvement mentality
• Expected to use initiative to improve service response
• Have an awareness of the overheads associated with providing service to a global customer base
• Support the flow of technical information outward to subsidiary engineers and end user
• An engineering qualification to a minimum of HNC level (or equivalent) or substantial practical experience in a relevant discipline
• Electrical/electronics background
• Experience with electromechanical systems
• A valid passport ensuring unrestricted travel to and from the UK
• A valid driving license
• An understanding of customer requirements including typical manufacturing processes
• Some experience in continuous improvement
• Knowledge of metrology principles, particularly when applied to the use of a CMM.
• Practical expertise in the use of CMM metrology software.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. The individual must be adaptable, logical thinking, well organised, have good communication skills and an aptitude to problem solving.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.