Renishaw require experienced technicians with mechanical / electrical experience. In the roll the person would be expected to construct machinery, fault find, test, commission, repair and sign off products. Aid service and maintenance teams, design teams and production engineers.
• Build and commission additive manufacturing (AM) machines in conjunction with Renishaw Work Instructions
• Modify Work Instructions whenever necessary
• Evaluate machine performance against design parameters
• Set up and adjust AM machines to achieve design parameters
• Work with high power lasers
• Sign off AM Machines as fit for purpose and regulatory compliant
• Working hands on with the AM process
• Supporting the service and maintenance team
• Compiling technical reports
• Working as part of a team
• Minimum of HNC level in an engineering discipline
• Recognised apprenticeship in an engineering background
• An engineering/technical background
• Good decision making skills
• IT skills (MS Office)
• Team member
• Good communication skills
• Good fault finding skills
• Production background
• PLC / Process software experience
As the successful applicant you will have good attention to detail and initiative. You will be a clear thinker, especially while under pressure to meet production deadlines. You will have the ability to be flexible, welcome new challenges and responsibilities and, when required, perform under pressure.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.