Renishaw are seeking to recruit a Section Leader within the Manufacturing Services Division (MSD) at Miskin – South Wales. The role requires the management of a team of operators and/or technicians in order to meet the customer’s needs, in a high variety, high complexity and challenging precision electro mechanical assembly environment.
• Planning and control of demand and production requirements
• Inventory planning and control
• Follow up and check progress, confronting performance problems directly
• Seeks to implement change to improve performance
• Management and organisation of staff in the cell
• Development of staff and build successful teams
• Controlling relevant aspects of Health and Safety
All applicants are required to have the following:
• The minimum of an HNC level of qualification in a technical discipline
• A good level of PC literacy and competent knowledge of excel.
• The ability to produce graphical data to reflect key performance elements of the position
• The ability to understand and interpret business (i.e. customer) needs and communicate these across a broad range of people
• A broad understanding/appreciation of key operational areas (such as quality and production engineering), combined with a common sense and a numerical aptitude
• Good working knowledge and experience of materials management
• Experience of managing and motivating teams
The successful applicant will excel at working in a logical, analytical and organised way. Possessing good attention to detail, they will have an excellent “can do” attitude and work ethic. They will display self confidence and conviction in their duties, and be tenacious in ensuring tasks are completed to the highest standard. Finally, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.