Renishaw’s Machine Tool Products Division is currently seeking to recruit an Electronics Design Engineer to join the Current Products team. The primary focus of the role will be to design & upgrade existing and new products. This will include design, prototyping, schematic capture, PCB design and product validation. The successful applicant will have the opportunity progress their electronics design skills whilst working in a highly focussed team environment.
• Work in a dynamic team of specialist engineers to design innovative products and the processes and equipment necessary to manufacture.
• To assist in the development of new electronic circuit designs for existing and the next generation of machine tool products.
• Collaboration with the embedded software and mechanical hardware design teams
• Capture, analyse and document critical technical design requirements, product test documents whilst developing prototypes for test.
• HND/Degree qualified with 2 years minimum experience working within an electronics design environment OR proven industrial design experience.
• Working knowledge of microcontrollers such as Microchip PICs, Atmel AVRs, etc.
• Working knowledge of FPGA’s.
• Use of simulation tools such as LTSpice.
• Good understanding of digital and analogue design
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems.
• Writing firmware in VHDL for FPGA
• Familiarity with CR8000 / Altium
• PLC programming
• Practice in writing embedded code using the C programming language.
• Knowledge of product development lifecycle
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who has a logical and systematic approach to design work and should understand the quality requirements of all tasks undertaken. The individual in this role must have a strong attention to detail and be capable of demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.