Due to the secondment of a member of the applications support team to N America and the ongoing business needs of the division, the Neurological Products Division has a vacancy for an Applications Support Engineer. This role will cover installation, training, servicing and maintenance of Renishaw’s new and existing neurological products, specifically in the area of surgical robotics and software in the UK and Ireland. On completion of training, the successful candidate will work unsupervised at medical centres, providing support and troubleshooting advice to neurosurgeons using the robot and other Renishaw products for neurosurgical indications.
• Servicing and repair of products to a high and professional standard
• Field installation and commissioning of our products into hospital clinical practices
• Onsite and offsite product training and familiarisation
• Completion of technical product documentation to facilitate the installation, servicing and maintenance of Renishaw’s new and existing neurological products
• Assisting with the release of new products into the market place by preparing customer facing product documentation such as training materials and user guides
• Support Renishaw sales personnel at exhibitions and neurological congresses
• Providing support and troubleshooting advice to customers
• Providing a high standard of customer care
• Training neurosurgeons on the use of the robot, software and associated equipment
• Evaluating surgical sites prior to installing the robot and software
• Performing preventive maintenance on the robot, software and associated equipment
• Supporting both software and mechanical development teams in the validation and verification testing of new products
• HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Excellent communication, and time management skills
• Ability to remain confident in customer facing environments
• Methodical and systematic approach to problem solving
• Computer literate
• Full clean driving licence and a willingness to travel at short notice both within the UK and Ireland. Occasional overseas travel required
• Experience of providing frontline support for software applications and electromechanical products
• Experience of working in a healthcare environment
• Experience of a product marketing environment
• Knowledge of working within a regulated industry
The successful applicant will be confident and capable when interfacing with customers, both in a training and service environment. They will be comfortable in presenting data and explaining technologies to different audiences. Finally, the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team is essential.
This position will offer the right candidate an excellent opportunity to progress and gain further experience in the field of neurosurgery, therefore we are looking for a bright and ambitious individual to develop this role.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.