Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing Products Division (AMPD) has a requirement for an AM System Operator to work in its solutions centre. The new solutions centre will be the flagship of a global network of facilities, whose role is to accelerate customers’ deployment of this emerging technology. The solutions centre will support customers in the UK, as well as in other regions that lack sufficient means to support customers locally.
Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) is an emerging technology that builds parts in layers using a high powered laser to fuse fine metallic powder to form the finished object and is set to transform the way components and assemblies are made in fields as diverse as orthopaedic implants and component manufacture in aerospace. The Renishaw involvement in this exciting field will have a significant impact on the acceptance of Additive Manufacturing and as such the role presents an excellent opportunity to be part of this exciting manufacturing revolution.
• Clean and prepare the machine prior to use
• Sieve and prepare the raw material feedstock
• Set up the part substrate and material recoating system
• Prepare the process inert gas filter and supply line as required
• Maintain a clean and tidy environment around the machine and ancillaries
• Ensure that the necessary process steps are followed and recorded for the part build report
• Maintain strong links with the applications engineering team
• A good level of PC literacy with excellent record keeping skills
• Be capable of taking on a range of tasks concurrently as required by the process demands
• The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities without risking quality
• The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the requirement to follow procedures in order to maintain high standards of health and safety
• There are physical and manual elements to the job and the ability to handle these elements is required
• Good manual dexterity and practical hands on skills the competent use of hand tools to perform some simple mechanical disassembly and re assembly operations is required
• GCSE Maths and English A-C passes (or equivalent)
• Previous experience in an engineering or technology working environment
• Experience of operating similar equipment such as 3D printers or machining centres
The successful candidate will be a capable team worker with a can do attitude. Deadlines are often tight with substantial commercial decisions resting on the outcome of a process trial. As such a willingness to get the job done without cutting corners and compromising quality in everything from maintaining a tidy working environment, to following detailed customer requirements for particular conditions to be maintained is vital. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate an ability for record keeping with the strength of character and diplomacy to ensure standards are maintained when under pressure to deliver.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our peoples’ skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.