Renishaw’s Additive Manufacturing Products Division (AMPD) is seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join the new product development team in Stone, Staffordshire. The role will focus on taking early conceptual designs and developing them into proven AM products and systems.
• Development of early conceptual solutions using PLC/ micro controller for systems prove out
• Create and develop clear schematics and wiring specifications in ECAD for use by suppliers and internal manufacturing
• Liaise with component engineering on suitable component specification, considering safety features, power supply requirements etc.
• Support the wider team with equipment testing and fault finding
• Support the product teams in generating documented evidence to satisfy regulatory requirements for electrical safety
• Experience in electrical system design
• Experience in complex industrial machine design and system integration
• Working knowledge of the latest Low Voltage Directive
• An electrical engineering qualification
• Experience using Zuken E3/ Siemens NX
• Experience with Omron PLC (CX Works)
• Experience with microcontrollers/ Labview
• BS 7671 qualification would be advantageous
• Exposure to Lean/ Agile product development
The successful candidate will demonstrate a practical approach to design, supported by good problem solving skills and attention to detail. They will be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team where communicating effectively will be key. The role will very much be hands on in the product development environment
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.