A Supplier Development Engineer is required to support the Purchasing department to achieve supplier quality and performance targets. The SDE will work closely with buyers, internal production and design functions and suppliers to improve the performance of suppliers in achieving quality and delivery goals.
Key aspects of the role are to resolve quality issues that arise with purchased parts, provide continual support to buyers to improve supplier performance, and ensure new parts and suppliers are introduced in a systematic manner utilising supplier assessments and Initial Sample Inspection reports
• Lead investigations into quality issues with purchased parts and services through close liaison with suppliers to ensure root cause is determined and addressed
• Conduct assessments and supplier audits to establish confidence that suppliers are capable of meeting Renishaw requirements
• Methodical completion of ISIR documents to ensure adequate inspection results from suppliers is achieved
• Supplier monitoring and proactive approach to supplier development
• Control of key MRP settings to ensure parts are controlled on receipt into the company
• An Engineering qualification and ability to understand engineering specifications is required
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with external people are required
• Knowledge of engineering and inspection techniques are highly desirable
• Knowledge of quality systems eg ISO9001 is beneficial
• Knowledge of 6 sigma and Statistical Quality Control is desirable
The job holder must be enthusiastic and self-motivating and be able to communicate with a variety of different levels including Directors and engineers as well as production personnel.
He or she must also be able to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with suppliers to avoid confrontation.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.