A Design/Development engineer is required to be part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers operating within a new product development environment. As a Design/Development Engineer you will provide scientific & engineering support in specific areas of new product design and development, using your intellect, skill and knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
Renishaw plc is a growing, dynamic company that invests heavily in R&D, manufacturing technology and maintains excellent career progression routes both in the UK and abroad. The Encoder Products Division supplies precision measurement technology to aerospace, manufacturing, medical, consumer electronics, semiconductor, metrology and other high tech industries.
• Work within a team of specialist engineers to design innovative new products
• Test and analyse new design ideas by simulation, modelling and prototyping
• Create schematic diagrams and PCB layout for prototype and new designs
• Write test/investigation reports, design specifications and test plans
• Perform and document testing of new product designs (performance, specification and compliance)
• Degree in Electronic Engineering (minimum 2:1)
• Schematic capture and PCB Design (preferably Altium and/or Zuken)
• Experience in analogue circuit design and simulation (eg Op-Amps, ADC’s, Linear Power Supply, Differential Line Drivers)
• Capable of producing high quality design documentation; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
• Valid UK driving licence
• You must have the right to live and work in the EU
• Experience of writing software (either PC applications or embedded software)
• Competence in mathematical modelling (for example, using Matlab)
• Enjoy a mixture of hands-on and theoretical tasks.
• Have a systematic and logical approach to investigations
The successful applicant will be analytical, with the capacity to develop solutions from first principles. You will possess excellent attention to detail and be self-motivated to meet deadlines without sacrificing the quality of your work. A creative but methodical approach to development is essential, along with a flair for problem solving, a determination to understand new concepts, meticulous experimental technique and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems from first principles.
This challenging, cross-disciplinary role will require you to gain a good understanding of many complimentary areas: the science of metrology, optics, software and electronics. You will be a self-starter in uncertain situations and maintain good record-keeping. As a reliable, motivated and organised team player, with the ability to work both alone and as team, you will take a logical and innovative approach to solving problems.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.