Renishaw’s Measurement & Automation Products Division is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join the Software development team. The primary focus of the role will be to design & develop new products & support the Current Products team when required. This will include requirements capture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing & fault-finding. The successful applicant will have the opportunity progress their software design skills whilst working in a dynamic and flexible multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Work in a team of software engineers, as part of a larger multi-disciplined electro-mechanical product design team, to design innovative measurement and automation products.
• Collaboration with the Electronics & Mechanical-hardware design teams to solve design issues.
• Analyze & Investigate field-returns and collaborate with the Applications team to solve customer issues.
• Mentoring of junior software engineers
• Reviews of both code and software designs
• Degree level qualification in Software Engineering or similar subject
• Good demonstrable knowledge of C/C++ or C#/.Net programming languages
• Ability to effectively set and work to deadlines
• Good team working skills
• Excellent problem solving
• Knowledge of UML and common design principles
• Knowledge of Linux
• Use of the Atlassian toolset – Jira, Bitbucket
• UI/UX design and implementation
• Test driven development
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who has a logical and systematic approach to design work and should understand the quality requirements of all tasks undertaken. The individual in this role must have a strong attention to detail with good hands-on skills and can demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.