Renishaw’s Measurement & Automation Products Division is currently seeking to recruit an Electronics Design Engineer to join the New Products development team. The primary focus of the role will be to design & develop new products & support the Current Products team when required. This will include design, prototyping, schematic capture, PCB design, hand assembly, testing & fault-finding. The successful applicant will have the opportunity progress their electronics design skills whilst working in a dynamic and flexible multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Work in a small team of electronic engineers, as part of a larger multi-disciplined electro-mechanical product design team, to design innovative measurement and automation products
• Collaboration with the Software & Mechanical-hardware design teams to solve design issues
• Analyze & Investigate field-returns and collaborate with the Applications team to solve customer issues
• HND/Degree qualified with 2 years minimum experience working within an electronics design environment OR proven industrial design experience
• Working knowledge of microcontrollers (ideally STMicro STM32 families)
• Working knowledge of FPGA’s
• Good understanding of digital and analogue design
• An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
• Good hands-on soldering, assembly & bring-up skills
• Good project documentation skills
• You must have the right to live and work in the EU
• Writing firmware in VHDL for FPGA
• Familiarity with schematic/PCB tools ( Zuken CR8000 / Altium )
• Familiarity with Labview
• Experience in writing embedded code using the C programming language.
• Knowledge of product development lifecycle
• Use of simulation tools such as LTSpice.
The successful applicant will be a clear thinker who has a logical and systematic approach to design work and should understand the quality requirements of all tasks undertaken. The individual in this role must have a strong attention to detail with good hands-on skills and can demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.